I have been rather tardy with posts of late but that's due to a harrowing cough and flu that I have been nursing for two weeks (which took a nice old turn for the worse over the weekend). That said, the weekend in Paris was lovely, though a rather grim one what with the news of the catastrophe in Japan.
On Saturday, we took a little walk through the gardens near Pyrenees where flowers have already started their spring revival. We passed a cherry blossom tree struggling to sprout, its branches rousing from deep winter slumber, its leaves receiving its first rays of spring, and little blossoms spawning their way into bloom. I thought a little sadly of their home country which is struggling to cope with its biggest disaster since World War II, and of the frightening force of Mother Nature. As with all the beauty that it bestows on this planet, it takes away in just a split moment with all its wrath and fury.
So while their sisters flourish amidst the March showers of Paris this weekend, this spring is one that Japan's cherry blossoms might never see.

No comments:
Post a Comment