"i Cant buy too much with money, money can't buy me love"
-- the Beatles
I spent the evening at a farewell party of an ex-colleague. She is embarking on a new life path -- Art Therapy. She's put on some weight, has a smile on her face, dyed her hair blonde, but she's never strayed from good old Jill.
Seeing old faces, old habits, reminiscing on old friendships--- There are some I'd like to keep, and some whom I wouldn't spend the time of day to cherish. People watch me closely, and wonder, why I return, whether I have regrets, why I keep friendships or kinships with friends of 40 or 50. Yes, they may not be fashionable, yes they may not be the most 'appropriate', we will one day all be but 40 or 50. Youth wastes no time on men. These friends, they are the ones with the best life lessons, and most dear to me. And for one, I will be heading up to Nottingham. To visit a friend who is close to my heart, and has been in a severe car accident. He remembers some people, he forget those most recent and dear to him. People tell me, he asks for a pint of beer, he asks to return back to S co, he asks to go home, he wants to go to the races, to see his horses. He doesn't remember the accident, he doesn't remember what happened. Most of all, he doesn't remember Heather, nor her family.
I hope that when we meet one day, he'd remember his life, his past and the good and bad times that time we've shared, and most of all, that he'd remember our friendship.
I hope that when we meet one day, he'd remember his life, his past and the good and bad times that time we've shared, and most of all, that he'd remember our friendship.
Paul, Get well soon. We're rooting for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment