Monday, October 3, 2011

Q3 round ups

Oia

There's been a bit of a hiatus on my part recently, due to visiting friends, long weekends, and a bit of a holiday with all the sunshine we've been getting at this part of the world. It is 3rd October today and sun is blazing through the window - 30 degrees! No coat, no tights, no sign of autumn / winter acoming. That said, I wished that autumn would ease in a little more gently. I can't complain much about the very pleasant sun (it makes people smile on Mondays, believe me!) but I can't wait for my favourite season of the year to roll by.

A quick update on what i've been up to since the last post.

:: I turned 30.
:: I made no resolutions on turning 30.
:: It was non-eventful, but a simple life is good that way. :)
:: two my lovely friends Siew and Jas visited London. It's always so nice to catch up with girlfriends from home
:: visits from other friends Mun and the newly married E who is about to move to Perth
:: a birthday trip to Barcelona
:: two weeks of hiking in the Meteoras, and flopping about in the Aegean sea
:: the most awesome picnic ever in regent's park enjoying the last of the summer roses
:: my once-a-year tennis game in Islington

Now that Q3 is properly over, I should get round to planning life in the next few months. A topic of discussion came up yesterday: 'if you could press a button to make yourself non-existent (i.e. it would be as if you never existed, and people around you will be 'obliviated' (to use H. Potter's term)), would you do that?' Right now, I can't really think why I'd do that, I am curious to know what the next decade brings. :)


No comments: