Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oddity

I have now been back for a grand total of 43 days, and frankly it's felt abit more like 43 weeks! The job search goes on, I've got a fab boss at my contract stint which is really helping me ease back into life at home, family has been über supportive and kind, friends have welcomed me home with more than open arms. Mr Mo could not have been more stellar in settling back in here with me. We found a lovely little flat - with a great view of the city. For that and loads more, I am thankful.


I still feel abit out of place here though, too much has changed in the last 6 years, and I am discovering a somewhat new to me city. It's an interesting adventure that I look forward to each day.

That said, some things don't really change, and sometimes I feel like a little odd shaped egg walking on the street. The odd shaped egg that wonders what it'd be like if I started talking to the stranger next to me on the train, the odd shaped egg who wonders whether my neighbour will look me in the eye and smile back at me on the bus when I wave hi, the odd shaped egg who wishes that people would be kind enough not to stare at us when we walk on the street, the odd shaped egg who wishes that others would understand that it's ok to live life, love work, and not want to chase after that next promotion. The odd shaped egg who is happy without these little (sometimes loud!) voices telling me what I 'should' be doing. Although, in my own little way, I know life will be much much better once I have some certainty and permanence in my job. But anyway, for now, and the next 4 months at least, life is good.


Us in Barcelona on my 30th.

No comments: