18 January 2012
A photo, taken the morning I handed our keys back to the landlord for our little flat in Robert's Court. I decided to take the Boris bike to work that day, a last for a while. Just before I picked up my bike from the docking station, I stood for a while in the morning sun pondering this serene setting before me. A path I pass everyday, capturing endless photographs, and people ask me why I keep taking photos of the same scene.
"It looks different everyday" I tell them.
It's hard to imagine! i know.
if you look closely, it is same same but different. In winter, when the canal ices over. In spring, when the reeds heave in pink and marigold yellow hues. In summer, where people huddle over buckets of beers and smiling people wave hello from their boats with the smell of a summer barbeque in the breeze. In autumn, where happy feet crunch on red and golden leaves.
At that moment, I felt like I didn't want to leave. Tellement, un coup de coeur ma 'petite' ville.
Hi London , I miss you lots today.

No comments:
Post a Comment